Clothes swapping parties and event can be very hit and miss. Normally I take beautiful things to swap, then leave disappointed and empty handed. However, when you attend a good one, it’s likley that you won’t leave empty handed as long as you go prepared and open minded.
The main thing is to attend with an open, but strategic mindset – I took great quality things that I hoped would make someone else happy and had no expectations to get 10 items for myself.
3 Tactics For A Happy CLOTHES SWAPPING Party
It’s not just about clothes – be social and chat to the people there. All the people I meet at these events are always kind and lovely, creative and genuinely interested in being being more sustainable – they saw the value in these swapping events instead of buying new. Be open creating new friends and maybe even your style twin at clothing swaps.
- Go with a clear idea of what’s missing in your wardrobe and what items could fill the gaps. Streamline the experience by knowing what works for your body shape, knowing your perfect colours also helps – and always check the garment labels. You might want to avoid unsustainable fabrics, so if that’s the case check out my materials guide here.
- Patience is key! I notice people tend to get greedy at clothes swaps and hoard a lot of the clothes. Wait it out and see if it went back on the rail – and it did. My tactic of waiting until the end worked.
CLOTHES SWAPPING GEMS
- Whistles Lambs Leather Wrap Midi Skirt RRP £249
- A Selfridges Red & Black Lantern Skirt Dress (unfortunatly in natural ligght I realised it was far too orange so I donated it)
- High Waisted Guess Denim Shorts
Why CLOTHES SWAPPING IS IMPORTANT
Interested In Trying A CLOTHES SWAPPING EVENT?