If you’re a fan of bright colours the current SS22 trends will be perfect for you, make sure you make the most of the post-lockdown dopamine hit of brights hitting all the shops, and do it sustainably! Watch my quick tip video below to find out how.
Cool & Bright COLOURS
When colours are trending they often end up being sold on only after a few wears. Spring/Summer 2022 bright colours will soon fall out of favour with the fashion pack and then the shops will be moving onto new colours.
If you’re a cool, bright winter (like me), then you’ll appreciate that these colours aren’t readily available all year round, so if this is your colour palette you may want to take advantage of these colours flooding the preloved clothing market.
WARM & BRIGHT COLOURS
Although in the video I refer to shopping for bright & cool colours if you’re a cool winter this SS22 also has a lot of colours for those with warmer skin tones perfect for those in the Spring season analysis. Many people (myself included) can occasionally cross over into the opposite season if they are able to wear bright and clear colours. When you shop pre-loved, sometimes you do have to allow for this, and be open to colours that are close enough.
Just remember to go with what makes you illuminate and feel great. Colour analysis is a great guide – and a wonderful tool to help you keep to a cohesive set of colours – even if you have been given strict rules to follow- feel free to break them if a colour you are drawn to makes you feel truly great.
TIPS FOR Shopping For Bright Colours
- Look out for more classic styles & pieces that won’t date after the ‘colour’ trending has passed (simple tops, slip dresses, blazers and wide-leg trousers )
- Check out secondhand clothing apps – set up alerts for the colours you are looking for
- See if you can get lucky at clothing swaps
- Explore rental website and apps
- Support independent ethical & sustainable brands like those on Ethical Brand Directory